OpenSplice DDS Forum
Jonnn

Examples Hang

Hello,

I have just installed OpenSplice Community Edition 6.4 on Linux.

I can build the examples OK.

I have source the release.com, which I have check by outputting the value for OSPL_HOME on the command line.

I have run a number of the CPP examples and ISOCPP examples. Where I run the CPP version, I'm using the one in the standalone folder.

When I run them they hang. 

I have put some debug into the HelloWorld example, and it is getting stuck on the line where it creates the Domain Participant.

No log files generated in the folder where the application is being run.

When I print out the default domain ID in HelloWorld I get 2147483647 - which does seem rather high.

I tried hardcoding the domain I'd to 9, but that has no effect.

Has anyone got any ideas on what I can do to find out what is going on? This is driving me nuts.

King Regards,

Jon

Always seems to be the way. Ask a question and then find another bit of info. I've got a log file now. The first error is....

dlopen error: spliced: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

...and then there's a bunch of other errors which amount to it failing to start because the spliced is not running.

libspliced.so is in $OSPL_HOME/lib.

So, what do I do?

Hi Jon

Is this still an issue?  The locations of the lib files should be taken care of by sourcing the release.com...

It should set OSPL_HOME, PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH and OSPL_URI.  Maybe you could paste in here what the variables are being set to?

The behavior of the create_participant call is dependent on the value of the OSPL_URI.  If it points to a so-called "Single Process" configuration, all of the DDS infrastructure will be created within the process at that point.  If it points to a "Shared Memory" configuration, then you need to have first started the DDS infrastructure by typing "ospl start".  In that case the create_participant call will use the infrastructure that has already been created.  This is a significant benefit if you have many DDS applications per machine.

Hope that helps?

James

Hello,

It is currently referencing HDE\x86_64.linux64\etc\config\ospl.xml, as supplied with the installation.

Not looked at the contents of that yet, but happy to use another one if that's more appropriate.

Jon

Yes that should be fine.  Provided it is referenced with file:// and a full path, e.g. as OSPL_URI=file:///home/..../HDE/x86_64.linux64/etc/config/ospl.xml

Check also that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and PATH use the OSPL_HOME bin and lib directories...

Thanks for the help. They're working now.

There we some odd permissions on some of the folders. When the application is unpacked it is apply the permissions of whoever packed it up, a user who obviously doesn't exist.