OpenSplice DDS Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rodro_jesus

Compiling .idl file to get the generated classes

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to compile an .idl file created in order to generate the Java classes that I am going to use for a Publish/Subscribe component. Everything is ok with the .idl file (named HelloWorldData), both syntax and location of the compiler and the .idl file (or at least, that´s what it seems). The command that I am using is: 

/.../OpenSplice/V6.4.14/HDE/x86.linux/bin/idlpp –f /home/phd/CompatibilityOSPLNBPrj/idl/HelloWorldData.idl –l java

But I get an error message that says: 

/.../OpenSplice/V6.4.14/HDE/x86.linux/bin/idlpp: error while loading shared libraries: libddshts.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What is what I am missing here? Should I include the libddshts.so library? I am sorry if my questions are too simple, I just do not know how to do this.

I am using Ubuntu LTS 12.04 as the operating system. Java version is 8.

Kind regards.

Hello, it´s me again. I have notice that I had not source the release.com file as expleined in http://forums.opensplice.org/index.php?/topic/1591-idl-export-error/. Now that I have done it, I seem not to be applying the right commands, since I obtain as follows:

Command: /.../OpenSplice/V6.4.14/HDE/x86.linux/bin/idlpp –I /.../OpenSplice/V6.4.14/HDE/x86.linux/etc/idl -l java /.../CompatibilityOSPLNBPrj/idl/hello.idl

Result: 

Usage: /.../OpenSplice/V6.4.14/HDE/x86.linux/bin/idlpp [-c preprocessor-path] [-b ORB-template-path]
       [-n <include-suffix>] [-I path] [-D macro[=definition]] [-S | -C] 
       [-l (c | c++ | cpp | isocpp | isoc++ | cs | java)] [-j [old]:<new>] [-d directory] [-i] 
       [-P dll_macro_name[,<h-file>]] [-o (dds-types | custom-psm | no-equality)] <filename>

Shall I include all the other information?