OpenSplice DDS Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cristip71

How to determine all the Ports DDS is using

Hi,

I notice that this is a RTNetworking configuration (which is [only] part of our commercially supported version), i.e. not a DDSI configuration (which is part of the community Edition).

Anyhow, for RTNetworking its even simpler than for DDSI .. as the ports are specified explicitly for each channel (just need to realize that for each channel there's an additional port used which is the specified-number+1).

The soap-service (when you connect something to it, like the OpenSplice Tuner), will also utlize a port-number, which in your config is dynamically chosen (specified number is set to 'Auto') .. the actual number will be reported in the info-log.

So there's not a lot of ports used actually .. (lets hope I didn't forget some ..)

PS> for DDSI, the utilized port-numbers are described in the deployment manual (as there's more than used with RTNetworking and they're also domain-ID specific according to the DDSI standard)

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I thought so too that it will use only the ports define in the config file, but when I start my application and look with the Process Explorer to see all the ports used, I get a bunch of them that I did not define.

For the tuner I use Auto since your documentation states that when using single process option this value should be set to Auto.

Would it be OK to set the port to a specific value? 

Do you know where the 54037, 59209, 59210 and 59211 ports are coming from?

Thank you

PS> I did see the description in the manual for DDSI ports. Unfortunately we are having some issues using DDSI - some of the messages send are never received. I'm guessing those issues are related with the  PI(9) limitation since we have a standalone deployment configuration.

Thanks again.

post-18861-0-52057400-1448996614_thumb.png