OpenSplice DDS Forum
Sign in to follow this  
burnout

Problem with persisten data

Hi everyone,

I recently started to use the Vortex Opensplice version. We are developing a small application in order to play around it.

But I am encountering a weird error, that I have never seen previously. This is related to the durability service, and what happens is that persistent data are not actually written on disk, but only the relative *_meta.xml.

Also, everytime I restart my application, without having previously deleted the content of the StoreDirectory, I get the following error:

========================================================================================

Report      : ERROR
Date        : Thu Nov 19 17:56:47 W. Europe Standard Time 2015
Description : Unable to resolve persistent data version.
Node        : 9727H12
Process     : java.exe <9224>
Thread      : durability 8684
Internals   : V6.5.0p1/72b8738/b16d292/persistentStoreReadTopicXML/d_storeXML.c/3871/0/1447952207.578610300
========================================================================================
Report      : ERROR
Date        : Thu Nov 19 17:56:47 W. Europe Standard Time 2015
Description : Unable to insert persistent data from disk for group 'topic.DDSBBItem'. Reason: '6'. Removing data for this group...
Node        : 9727H12
Process     : java.exe <9224>
Thread      : durability 8684
Internals   : V6.5.0p1/72b8738/b16d292/DurabilityService/d_storeXML.c/4907/0/1447952207.578610300

Where "topic" is actaully the name of the partition I am using, while DDSBBItem is the topic name.

Thanks!

Burnout

Possible causes for this type of error are

• The filename for the data that is constructed from the persiste store directory, the partition and the topic cannot be  created somehow (e.g., invalid filename characters in either one of them)
  • You are running out of resources (highly unlikely)
  • If the store is found durability performs some initial parsing checks. For instance, it tries to look for a string called <TOPIC> in a particular place. If this fails, it will consider the store as multilated and you may also get the error.

I see that you are using "topic" as the name for the partition. This might confuse the initial parsing checks. To verify this hyptothesis you may tries to use another name for the partition, e.g., "partition".