OpenSplice DDS Forum
luca.gherardi

No message delivered when there is no network connection

Hi all,

I just started exploring DDS and I've realized that when my computer does not have a network connection (ethernet and wireless both active but disconnected), I can publish and receive messages between two processes. 

I'm using the default configuration file "ospl.xml", where the domain name is "ospl_sp_ddsi".

Now I have two questions:

1) How can I configure the system in such a way that the publisher/subscriber works also when there is no network connection?

2) Is there a way to configure the system in such a way that all the messages are not received by other computers that are on the same network?

Thanks,
Luca 

You could configure to use the loopback-interface in your configuration-file.

For some setups, you explicitly have to enable multicast on the loopback interface (i.e. "ifconfig lo multicast up" on RHEL5)

This implies that you can communicate between co-located applications on a single machine and also that this traffic is isolated from all other nodes

Hope this helps ..

-Hans

Hi Hans,

I finally had the time to look into this and it works.

Thanks a lot!

Just a minor question.

I suppose that with the community edition it's not possible to setup the system in such a way that it uses two ethernet cards, one as master and the second as backup.

Is that correct?

Thanks,

Luca