OpenSplice DDS Forum
ellyson

Networked test

Hi,

I am new to OpenSplice and I am simply trying to do a Touchstone test between two Windows PC. While everything works fine on one singlae PC, I am unable to get it to work with two PCs. I am using the ospl_sp_native.xml config file provided with OpenSplice 6 to which i changed the SingleProcess flag to false.

What am I missing?

Thanks

Ben

Excuse the stupid question but if you've changed SingleProcess to false then you do know you need to start the splice daemon, and have done so haven't you?

Incidentally, instead of modifying ospl_sp_native.xml you could just have used ospl_shmem_native.xml, if that's what you want to do.

Is your firewall off and do you see messages in the logs indicating the two nodes are aware of each other ?

Be aware that as you are working with a commercial edition you can always raise a support issue to get help resolving this BTW.

In turns out that my two PCs where on a different network segment. It worked like a charm with PCs on a same segment, but the latency figures are dissappointing but that's a different story.

Thank you for you time.

Ben